Your search returned 12 results in 6 document sections:

Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 15., Medford Historical Society. (search)
rresponding Secretary and Treasurer. George S. T. Fuller. Recording Secretary. Miss Eliza M. Gill. Librarian and Curator. Miss Agnes W. Lincoln. Custodians of real estate. President, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer. Standing Committees. Publication. George S. T. Fuller, Chairman. Miss Annie E. Durgin. Miss Helen T. Wild. Moses W. Mann, Editor. H. N. Ackerman. Membership. C. Arthur Platts, Chairman. Elisha B. Curtis. Mrs. Ellen M. Gill. Abner H. Barker. Mrs. Julia W. Dalrymple. Mrs. Elsie R. Perkins. Mrs. H. A. C. Scott. Andrew F. Curtin. Papers and Addresses. Geo. W. Parsons, Chairman. Henry B. Doland. Mrs. Adelaide E. Cordis. Miss Alice E. Curtis. Mrs. Louise G. Delong. John H. Hooper. Percy S. Brayton. Miss Katharine H. Stone. Historic sites. Moses W. Mann, Chairman. Francis A. Wait. Miss Catharine E. Harlow. Miss Ella L. Burbank. Frederick H. Kidder. Charles N. Jones. Genealogy. Mrs. Edith G.
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 16., Medford Historical Society. (search)
y. Miss Eliza M. Gill. Librarian and Curator. Miss Agnes W. Lincoln. Custodians of real estate. President, Corresponding Secretary, treasurer. Standing committees. Publication. George S. T. Fuller, Chairman. Miss Helen T. Wild. Miss Annie E. Durgin. Moses W. Mann, Editor. Pres. Henry E. Scott. Membership. Herbert N. Ackerman, Chairman. Mrs. Marion C. Williams. Elisha B. Curtis. Miss Elizabeth W. Howe. Mrs. Ellen M. Gill. Mrs. H. A. C. Scott. Abner H. Barker. Andrew F. Curtin. Papers and addresses. Geo. W. Parsons, Chairman. Mrs. Louise G. Delong. Henry B. Doland. John H. Hooper. Frank W. Lovering. Percy S. Brayton. Miss Alice E. Curtis. Miss Katharine H. Stone. Historic sites. Moses W. Mann, Chairman. Miss Ella L. Burbank. Francis A. Wait. Frederick H. Kidder. Miss Catharine E. Harlow. Charles N. Jones. Genealogy. Mrs. Edith G. Dennis, Chairman. Miss Hetty F. Wait. Miss Eliza M. Gill. Mrs. James E. Cle
Miss Agnes W. Lincoln. Corresponding Secretary and treasurer. George S. T. Fuller. Recording Secretary. Miss Jessie M. Dinsmore. Curator and librarian George H. Remele Directors William Leaven J. A.C. Emerson Melvin W. Pierce Standing Committees. Publication Moses W. Mann. Miss Helen T. Wild. Miss Eliza M. Gill C. W. M. Blanchard Frederic Dole Membership. H. N. Ackerman. Edward M. Peters. Miss Elizabeth R. Carty. Mrs. Ella J. Fuller. Abner H. Barker. Mrs. H. A. C. Scott. William Leavens. J. A. C. Emerson. Andrew F. Curtin. E. Earl Blakely. Miss Annie E. Durgin. Mrs. Lester H. Williams. Miss Annie P. Danforth. Frank S. Gilkey. Percy W. Richardson. Papers and Addresses. George H. Remele. Moses W. Mann. Miss Annie E. Durgin. J. P. D. WlNGATE. Miss lily B. Atherton. Percy W. Richardson. Miss Katharine H. Stone. Mrs. John Googins. F. H. C. Wooley. Wilson Fiske. Historic Sites. Moses W. Mann. John H.
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 24., Medford Historical Society. (search)
ton 545-M. 138 Boston Avenue, West Medford. Directors. William Leavens. John A. C. Emerson. Melvin W. Pierce. The above constitute the Board of Directors which meets at the call of the President. The Society's Honorary members are Walter H. Cushing. George S. Delano. Benjamin P. Hollis. Charles N. Jones. Membership list. Herbert N. Ackerman. Ida M. Ackerman. Amy A. Ackerman. Isabelle Ackerman. John Albree. Lily B. Atherton. Ernest W. Anderson. Abner H. Barker. Charles S. Baxter. Life Member. Frederick N. Beals. E. Earl Blakeley. Edward P. Boynton. Life Member. C. W. M. Blanchard. Jennie S. Brigham. Clifford M. Brewer. Edmund Bridge. Shepherd Brooks. Life Member. Frederick Brooks. Abby D. Brown. Howard D. Brown. Edward B. Brown. William H. Brown, Mrs. Ella L. Burbank. Herman L. Buss. Life Member. Charles B. Buss. J. Herbert Barker. Frank B. Bhlodgett. Elizabeth R. Carty. N. F. Chandler, Dr. Elizabet
History of Wellington. by Abner H. Barker. Read before the Historical Society, October. 1927, by Joseph C. Smith. IN May, 1630, Gov. John Winthrop and his associates arrived in Salem from England, and not being satisfied, proceeded to find land which suited them better. They came south along the coast and settled in Boston, Dorchester, Watertown and Medford. The first record we have of what is now known as Wellington was made at the General Court held in Boston, April 1, 1634, which is as follows;— There is two hundred acres of land ganted to Mr. Nowell, lying and being on the west side of North river, called Three Mile brook (Malden river). There is two hundred acres of land granted to Mr. John Wilson, pastor of the church in Boston, lying next to the land granted to Mr. Nowell, on the south, and next to Meadford on the north. The farm of Mathew Cradock joined the Nowell and Wilson farms, and extended as far as the Mystic lakes and one mile inland from the Myst
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 30., Editor's comment—the old and New. (search)
Editor's comment—the old and New. It is with pleasure that we present to our readers our leading article. We had intended to make this issue essentially a Wellington number. The author, Mr. Barker, was there resident, and at its writing an interested member of our Historical Society. In 1918 he read it at our meeting and profusely illustrated it with lantern slides. We also had the privilege of being at its repetition at the Wellington club house. And now, after his passing on, we are thus preserving his interesting work. We commend its careful reading, and also the Bradbury Ancestry in Vol. IX, Nos. 3 and 4, by Miss Eliza M. Gill, which especially mentions the old house (now standing), the Blanchard-Bradbury-Wellington house, the oldest house in Medford of which we have authentic history. Our views are the result of the work of photographer Thode, procured to illustrate Miss Gill's paper of 1906. We regret that our present makeup forbids the presentation of a more de