hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

as established in 1864 by Henry M. Bird, under the firm name of Henry M. Bird & Co., and moved to its present location, Broadway and Pelham streets, Cambridgeport, in 1866. Mr. Bird died in 1890, and the business was continued by his estate to January 1, 1896, when it was incorporated under its present name. The capital of the company is twenty thousand dollars, and they do a general foundry business, leasing the land and buildings from the Bird estate. About forty men are employed. William W. Bird is president and treasurer, and Robert C. Bird secretary. Morss & Whyte. The firm of Morss & Whyte occupies a large brick building covering thirty-five thousand square feet of land on Franklin Street, Cambridgeport. The business was established in 1840. Charles A. Morss was admitted to the firm in 1845, and since 1868 has been the sole partner. The concern was removed to Cambridge in 1885. They manufacture wire cloths, netting, screens, railings, and light structural iron work,