hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Charles A. Nelson , A. M., Waltham, past, present and its industries, with an historical sketch of Watertown from its settlement in 1630 to the incorporation of Waltham, January 15, 1739. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

vermore and occupied by Eliphalet Warren. Before that date it had been the home of Peter Ball, a deputy sheriff, and one of the coroners of Middlesex in 1774, who removed to Brookfield and died there. It was afterwards purchased and occupied by Warham Cushing, eldest son of Rev. Jacob Cushing, a cabinet maker, who died in 1804. It was finally taken down and another built by his son Leonard on the same lot. Warham Cushing built the next house above for a workshop soon after 1800, which Elijah Brigham, the sexton, occupied for some years. These are still standing, and owned by heirs and descendants of the Cushing family. Next stood the tavern kept by Captain Isaac Gleason at the time of his death, afterwards the property of Nathaniel Livermore, A son of Nathaniel Livermore, who was Selectman in 1760-63. The late George Livermore, Esq., of Cambridge, was his son. who married his daughter Elizabeth. This house was finally purchased by Colonel David Townsend, who resided in it u