Three Mile brook (Malden river).
There is two hundred acres of land granted to Mr. John Wilson, pastor of the church in Boston, lying next to the land granted to Mr. Nowell, on the south, and next to Meadford on the north.
The farm of Mathew Cradock joined the Nowell and Wilson farms, and extended as far as the Mystic lakes and one mile inland from the Mystic river.
This grant of land was made to Mr. Cradock, March 4, 1634.
Governor Winthrop owned the land on the south side of the MyMr. Cradock, March 4, 1634.
Governor Winthrop owned the land on the south side of the Mystic, in what is now Somerville, extending from Charlestown Neck to College hill, or Walnut hill as it was then called.
He settled there in 1630 and called it Ten Hills Farm.
Rev. Mr. Wilson built a house on the land granted him by the court about 1634.
The building was probably a large log house with a small, deep cellar and brick chimney laid in clay, the cellar being walled up with stone.
This building was situated on the hillside near the junction of Middlesex avenue and Fellsway.