hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 17. 4 0 Browse Search
HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF MEDFORD, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, FROM ITS FIRST SETTLEMENT, IN 1630, TO THE PRESENT TIME, 1855. (ed. Charles Brooks) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 6 results in 2 document sections:

en in Medford united with them in petitioning the Grand Lodge of the State to grant them the requisite authority for assembling as a legal lodge. A dispensation was granted; and, the proper time of probation having nearly elapsed, they will soon (in September, 1855) receive a charter, which will confirm them in the rights and privileges of a regularly constituted lodge. The original petitioners were Messrs. George Hervey, John T. White, E. G. Currell, C. E. Merrill, Cleopas B. Johnson, William Crook, Dr. Samuel Kidder, A. H. Gardner, Elisha Stetson, James Ford, and T. R. Peck. The lodge is now in a flourishing condition, and has every prospect of further success and extended usefulness under its efficient organization, which is as follows:-- Worshipful George Hervey, Master. Elisha Stetson, Senior Warden. E. G. Currell, Junior Warden. C. B. Johnson, Senior Deacon. C. E. Merrill, Junior Deacon. Hiram Southworth, Treasurer. S. C. Lawrence, Secretary. Lewis Keen, S
Today, with a double track, first-class equipment in all respects, it does not earn its expenses. Engineers. Joseph Seavy. Robert Gregg. James B. Rice. George Folsom. John F. Sanborn. Conductors. John F. Sanborn. Ralph Smith. William Crook. Edward Weymouth. Albert Hamilton. John F. Sanborn was conductor a short time and then station agent at South Reading, and later in a provision store, ship-yard, and policeman in Medford; later was engineer on the Medford Branch until coal-burning engines. Next there was Engine Cocheco, built at Lowell, on the Branch a long time; weight, twelve tons. And later, and for many years, the engine Camilla, that weighed twenty tons and was built in Boston. We fancy that Mr. Crook, the conductor, with his hat, dickey and resplendent badge would create a sensation on the Medford Branch today. The Branch has not been without its fatalities, one in its early days— James B. Gregg, a prominent business man in Medford,