Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:
The Daily Dispatch: April 23, 1861., [Electronic resource], Country residence Burned. (search)
Country residence Burned. --On Friday last, the residence of Mr. Joseph Archer, in Chesterfield, situated about thirteen miles from this city, was destroyed by fire, having become ignited accidentally from the chimney. A large portion of the furniture was saved, but no one being at home but the smaller children of Mr. Archer, and a few of the servants, nothing else could be done. The building was the property of Mrs. Sarah Lynch, of Petersburg, and was uninsured. It was a framed structure, in the country villa style, and originally cost between two and three thousand dollars.