Your search returned 45 results in 9 document sections:

n010 Lieut. Peter Tufts1510 Ens. Stephen Francis0168 Serg. John Bradshaw0115 Mr. Thomas Willis0176 Nathaniel Hall054 John Francis0126 John Hall, jun.086 Jonathan Tufts01910 Stephen Willis, jun.068 Stephen Hall, sen.066 Serg. Stephen Willis114 Ebenezer Brooks0178 Samuel Brooks01010 Mr. Richard Rookes070 Mrs. Elizabeth Wade0189 Parcill Hall066 George Blanchard036 Jacob Shepherd0130 Nathaniel Peirce026 James Tufts045 Timothy Prout016 Mr. Thomas Swan018 John Tufts024 Mr. Joseph Prout0010 Francis Whitmore040 Benjamin Marble026 James Wright026 William Merroe026 Thomas Miler026 Mathew Miler025 William Walden026 Thomas Clark026 Peter Seccomb026 Eben. Brooks his man020 Benjamin Peirce020 Samuel Stone020 William Paten020 Mr. Jonathan Dunster018 Mr. John Hall1110 The warrant issued to the constable empowered that functionary to distrain the goods or chattels of any person or persons who refuse to pay; and in case there be no goods or chattels, then he
Hezekiah Usher, chosen, Mar. 14, 1663 John Joyleff, chosen, Mar. 26, 1667 Edward Willis, chosen, Mar. 30, 1684 Joseph Bridgman, chosen, Mar. 14, 1691 Ephraim Savage, chosen, Mar. 12, 1692 William Griggs, chosen, Mar. 8, 1696 Joseph Prout, chosen, Mar. 1, 1701 Samuel Gerrish, chosen, Mar. 11, 1733 Had no room to keep records, Oct. 10, 1734 Ezekiel Goldthwait, chosen, May 22, 1741 William Cooper, chosen, Mar. 9, 1761 William Cooper, clerk 49 years, died, Oct. 2, 12 William Davis, chosen, Mar. 30, 1655 John Hall, chosen, Mar. 29, 1657 John richards, chosen, Mar. 26, 1667 Thomas Brattle, chosen, Mar. 20, 1674 Richard Mullicut, chosen, Mar. 10, 1690 James Taylor, chosen, Mar. 14, 1691 Joseph Prout, chosen, Mar. 1, 1701 Joseph Wadsworth, chosen, Mar. 15, 1719 David Jeffries, chosen, Mar. 12, 1749 Peter Boyer, chosen, Mar. 11, 1782 Joseph Russell, chosen, Mar. 14, 1791 Samuel Clapp, chosen, Mar. 14, 1796 Benjamin Sumner,
onas Clarks Corner at ye end of Bennett Street, Middle street. The way Leading Northerly from Stanburyes corner nigh ye Mill Bridg, as far as Mr Gees Corner into Prince street, Back street. The way leading from ye Mill Pond South Easterly by ye late Deacon Phillips stone house, extending down to ye sea, Cross street. The way Leading from ye North Westerly end of cross Street, passing Northerly by verings house nigh ye Mill Pond, Old way. The lane by ye house of ye late Capt. Timo Prout deceased, Leading from Middle street to Fish street & so down to ye sea, Wood lane. The way from Wales Corner in Middle street Leading Northwesterly into Back Street, Beer lane. The Alley Leading from Ann street between ye late Capt. Lakes & Nanneys buildings to Mr Indicotts shop in crosse street, Elbow alley. The Alley Leading from Fish street to Middle street between ye lands of John Clark Esqr and ye successors of Sam1 Gallop deceased, Gallops alley. The street leading North W
ge, with dwelling-house, factory and other buildings, with a mill-site and mill-privileges, known by the name of the Stearns Factory, on March 6, 1832. A mill about to be erected by Ichabod Fessenden in 1816 was that at the privilege now the property of J. C. Hobbs. Samuel Lewis, of Dedham, bought of Stephen Robbins land with water-mill and dwelling-house in West Cambridge, 1839. The mill below the Wear Bridge in the Mystic River on the Menotomy side was embraced in a conveyance by Joseph Prout to Jonathan Dunster, 1710. Edward Collins sold the same in 1660. Collins bought of Thomas Broughton, 1669. See Wyman's Chs., 136, 312; Brooks's Medford, 393, 606. Turning again to Paige, we find that in Nov. 1675, John Adams (a resident of Menotomy) was impressed as a trooper, or cavalry-man (p. 398); on Nov. 26, 1675, Gershom Cutter (brother of William, and a Menotomy resident) was impressed with others from Cambridge, for service in Philip's or the Narragansett War (p. 399); t
Potamea, 58 Potter, 54, 154, 165, 170, 172, 177, 189, 284 Powers, 342 Pradox, 58 Pratt, 164, 188, 194,284 Prentice and Prentiss, 9, 20, 25, 27, 28, 94, 96, 110, 112, 113, 120,121, 131, 132,137, 140, 154, 167, 169, 170,186, 197, 198, 201, 203, 209,213, 232, 239, 243, 246,255, 268, 263, 282-87, 289-91, 295, 303, 310, 313, 318, 319, 324, 326,330, 331 Prescott, 130 Price, 286, 347 Priest, 286 Prince, 199, 287 Proctor, 130, 140, 143, 152, 154, 165, 170-73, 178 Prout, 18 Puffer, 140 Putnam, 38, 67, 70, 72, 176, 220, 224, 250, 256, 271, 280, 287 Pynchon, 287 Quick, 8, 15, 16 Quincy, 41, 287 Quinn, 349 Ramsdell, 281, 287 Rand, 94, 96, 222, 251, 258, 275, 287, 289 Randall. 131 Randolph, 9, 319 Rawson, 91, 140, 165, 166, 172, 351 Ray, 286, 287, 339 Raymond, 288, 322, 330 Read, 8, 238, 278, 288 Reed, 8, 28, 83, 97, 106, 112, 137, 167-69, 176, 195, 205, 210, 212, 263, 266, 272, 276-78, 288, 289, 301, 307, 312,314-16,
rout was the sole owner of all the mill property on both sides of the river, as that same year he sold to his brother, Joseph Prout, one-half of the corn mills at Menotomy in Charlestown on Mistick river, one-half of the mill yard on Charlestown siden a few years ago when the Metropolitan Park Commission took possession of the land for a park. The next year (1685) Mr. Prout sold the remaining half of the above to Thomas Ward, who mortgaged the same to the said Prout, who in turn assigned the mortgage to his brother, Joseph Prout. Joseph afterward came into the possession of the whole estate. These deeds contain the first reference to lands on the north side of the river as being connected with the mill on the Charlestown side. In the year 1710 Joseph Prout sold to Jonathan Dunster mill, mill yard, buildings and orchard one acre. Also one and three-fourths acres of meadow land on the north side of the river at the end of the mill dam. Also one and one-half acres of upland on t
roved to considerable advantage) will not be thereby hindered. 4 Whether it be consistent with Equity to cut off the capacity of a mill from the present proprietor of the place of the old mill where the respective owners have served that part of the country with their Estates in a Mill where they Improved sd streem for about thirty or forty years together unto wch queryes sundry arguments might be offered if time were given and leave thereto allowed The wch is offered to consideration per Joseph Prout. There is still another, much smaller in size and closely written, in which Mr. Prout's queryes are answered and disposed of. After the above petition was folded it was endorsed on the back In Council June 28, 1698. Respited until the next Session The General Court then, and for many years, met in two sessions each year, and the Council's action deferred action and gave time for the consideration of Mr. Prout's side of the matter. At the next session favorable action w
ing obliged to travel as far as Noddle's Island (East Boston) to be served. This petition affected the interests of Mr. Joseph Prout, owning as he did the Broughton mill, where, as he said, the public had been served for about thirty or forty years,e Medford people by putting in repair the old Broughton mill on the Charlestown side of the river. In the year 1711 Joseph Prout sold to Jonathan Dunster, mill, mill-yard, buildings and Orchard one Acre also one and one-half acres of upland on the there was not any mill there at the time of the sale? And if this is correct, it shows that while in all probability Joseph Prout built the dam, or allowed Jonathan Dunster to build it, Mr. Dunster must have the credit of building a new mill where mention of a building in the deed. James Cutter owned the other part of the acre and three-fourths of marsh land that Joseph Prout sold to Jonathan Dunster. Mr. Brooks says, in writing of a mill a short distance below Wear bridge, the place is ye
power we cannot say. Again, the objections raised by Prout would be stronger against this site than the other. the upper site and on land then (or later) owned by Prout, within a few years after the petition we have quotey the following, which is a copy of the deed of Joseph Prout to Jonathan Dunster referred to by Mr. Hooper. ington. Also let the reader note the order in which Prout conveyed the three parcels of land: First, the acis enumeration and description of the three parcels, Prout mentioned the various appurtenances thereto belonginince Broughton built his mills, to which in his deed Prout referred not as mill, but as a millstead. With the millstead must have been decadent. By acquiring of Prout the acre and three quarters of meadow land in Medform the Middlesex Court File of June, 1679, in case of Prout vs. Dunster, et al.: I Thomas Gleison aged a 6, 1656. Evidently this was the Wayes mentioned in Prout's deed of 1710 and corresponds to present Winter str