hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 8. 5 1 Browse Search
HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF MEDFORD, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, FROM ITS FIRST SETTLEMENT, IN 1630, TO THE PRESENT TIME, 1855. (ed. Charles Brooks) 3 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 8 results in 3 document sections:

Serg. John Bradshaw0115 Mr. Thomas Willis0176 Nathaniel Hall054 John Francis0126 John Hall, jun.086 Jonathan Tufts01910 Stephen Willis, jun.068 Stephen Hall, sen.066 Serg. Stephen Willis114 Ebenezer Brooks0178 Samuel Brooks01010 Mr. Richard Rookes070 Mrs. Elizabeth Wade0189 Parcill Hall066 George Blanchard036 Jacob Shepherd0130 Nathaniel Peirce026 James Tufts045 Timothy Prout016 Mr. Thomas Swan018 John Tufts024 Mr. Joseph Prout0010 Francis Whitmore040 Benjamin Marble026 chard0100000000 Mr. James Tufts000046046 Mr. Thomas Tufts0100069028 Mr. Samuel Brooks010010301011 Mr. Jonathan Dunster000069000 Captain Josiah Convers000060000 Jabesh Brooks000011000 Joseph Wright000011000 John Francis, jun.040000000 Richard Rookes0100000000 Thomas Oakes0100000016 James Tufts000090000 Stephen Hall000023000 John Albery0100000000 Jonathan Tufts11011461123 Ensign John Bradshoe100019101310 Thomas Hall010001060411 Mr. Ebenezer Brooks1001511174 Stephen Willis, sen.01
Hall licensed in the years 1696 and 1700 was Mr. Hall, senior. Mr. Hall died in October, 1701, and from the year 1702 to 1706, both inclusive, Mr. John Hall (son of John Hall, senior), was granted an innholder's license. In the year 1703 Mr. Richard Rookes was also licensed as an innholder. Mr. Rookes was at this time owner of part of the brick mansion house formerly of Major Jonathan Wade, and his tavern was probably near the present square (perhaps in the brick mansion). He kept a tavern oMr. Rookes was at this time owner of part of the brick mansion house formerly of Major Jonathan Wade, and his tavern was probably near the present square (perhaps in the brick mansion). He kept a tavern only one year; then from the year 1707 to 718, both inclusive, Mr. Nathaniel Peirce was licensed as an innholder. Mr. Peirce, as has been before stated, bought the estate in the year 1717. He died in the year 1719, and in that year and in the years 1720 and 1721, and also in the year 1726, his widow, Mrs. Lydia Peirce, received an nnholder's license. Up to this date I have been particular to give in detail the names of those parties who were granted licenses as innholders, etc., for the reaso
14, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818. Mayo, Seth and Rufus Frost, 1810. Mead, Israel, 1759, 1760, 1761, 1762, 1763. Moore, Augustus, 1768. Peirce, Lydia, 1719, 1720, 1721, 1726. Peirce, Nathaniel, 1707, 1708, 1709, 1710, 1711, 1712, 713, 1714, 1715, 1716, 1717, 1718. Perham, Daniel, 1812, 1813. Porter, Jonathan, 1774, 1775, 1776, 1777, 1778, 1779, 1780, 1781, 1782, 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786. Putnam, Ebenezer, 1813, 1814, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818, 1821. Rogers, Philip P., 1827. Rookes, Richard, 1703. Scolly, Benjamin, 1738. Seccomb, Peter, 1713, 1717. Shaw, Benjamin, 1780. Skinner, Jacob, 1821, 1822, 1823. Stearns, Charles, 1824, 1825. Stevens, Thomas, 1821. Taylor, Timothy, 1755, 1756, 1757. Turner, John, 1749, 1750, 1751, 1752, 1753. Tufts, James, 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795, 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801. Usher, Abijah, 1795, 1796, 1797. Usher, Eleazer, 1798, 1799. Usher, Robert, 1792, 1793. Wade, Samuel, 1715, 1716, 1717,