—Officers 11, men 369; officers 15, men 388; officers 13, men 310.
Eighty-first New York—Officers 10, men 81; officers 11, men 83; officers 6, men 71; commanding, Major D. B. White.
Ninety-eighth New York—Officers 15, men 236; officers 17, men 268; officers 13, men 210; commanding, Lieutenant-Colonel W. Kreutzer.
One Hundred and Thirty-ninth New York-Officers 12, men 294; officers 16, men 309; officers 12, men 278; commanding, Major Theodore Miller.
Convalescent detachment from the 2d and 3d divisions which had gone over to the extreme left to reinforce Sheridan.
Officers 12, men 532; officers 14, men 546; officers 12, men 471.
Total—Officers 91, men 2,119; officers 119, men 2,250; officers 90, men 1,950.
Officers sick 3; men sick 81.
(Signed) Staniels, Captain and Adjutant-General. I remain, sir, very respectfully, Your obedient servant, Edward H. Ripley, Formerly Colonel of the 9th regiment, Vermont Volunteers, and Brevet-Brigadier-General, U. S. Volu
coasting place in Medford, and the Smelt brook to the east of it the best boy fishing place before the diversion of its sources to Winchester reservoir.
Nearly opposite the Stickney house stood an old house at the corner of the lane, where a Mr. Staniels lived at about 1835.
He moved to the top of Winter Hill where he built a showy house very near the fork where Governor Edward Everett once lived and where about two centuries earlier Governor John Winthrop built his cementless stone house.
The Mystic region has been a good place for Governors, for we may count Governor Cradock and Governor John Brooks and Governor Everett again.
Late in life he lived on the west side of Mystic upper lake.
To Mr. Staniels, succeeded on Simonds hill Mr. William Russell and his son Frank.
These were accomplished gentlemen and carried on in Boston a noted Academy of elocution.
Miss Lyddy Symmes' school did not inculcate the higher branches.
It was a sort of parents' assistant.
There were a doz
sides of Main street. His dwelling-house stood on the site of the Mystic House.
Removed to Tufts square. After his death (1842) George E. Adams (a grandson) carried on the farm and had a milk route to Boston.
he (George) married, in 1847, Miss Staniels of Malden.
He moved the old house and built the house afterward called Mystic House, where he took his bride.
A driveway at the north side of his house led to his farmhouse, which was later moved on the opposite side of Main street. On the fterward became the Mystic Trotting Park.
Squire Nathan was prominent in town affairs.
Deacon Nathan Adams lived half-way up Winter Hill on the west side of Main street. Children were Nathan, Thomas, Andrew, John Q:, Edward E., Elizabeth (Mrs. Staniels), Almira (Mrs. Austin), Catherine and Rebecca.
Peter T. Adams (son of Squire Nathan), a farmer, lived at one time in the Willis house.
He built and lived in what was the next house south therefrom.
George E. Adams was later Division Su