ed and fitted up, and a Sunday-school of about twenty members was formed.
For seven years Brother Brackett continued to hold services in Medford, assisted by Revs. J. N. Maffitt and C. K. True.
In 1828 a second revival occurred, in which many of the Sunday-school scholars were converted and joined the class.
The same year the society was incorporated as The First Methodist Episcopal Church in Medford, with Josiah Brackett, Isaac McElroy, Jonathan Gross, George Williams, William James, James D. Yates, Alvah Smith and Louis Janson as trustees, and a house of worship, 25 × 40 feet, was built on Cross street. This building now stands on Salem street, two doors east of the site of the third church edifice, burned in 1905.
The society was connected with the First Methodist Church in Charlestown until 1831, when it became a station, and Rev. Apollas Hale was appointed pastor.
From 1833 to 1839, the pulpit was again supplied by local preachers, until most of the members moved away and th