hide Matching Documents

Your search returned 65 results in 16 document sections:

1 2
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 7., An eighteenth century enterprise. (search)
ne, Mayor June, 1764Dec. 3, 1764 Greenough, Andrew (Hall?)Boston, September, 1769Oct. 8, 1770In family of Andoyall. Hair, JohnBoston,April 21, 1769Oct. 8, 1770 Hall, AndrewBoston,September, 1769.   (wife)   AbigailCan. 1, 1763Single man. In employ of Col. Royall. Hall, JohnBoston,Oct. 7, 1766Mar. 2, 1767 Hall, JosephJaHall, JosephJan. 30, 1791Hatter.   Joseph PattenJan. 30, 1791 Hall, MosesAnnapolis, abt.Nov. 1, 1770Jan. 30, 1791Boarder iHall, MosesAnnapolis, abt.Nov. 1, 1770Jan. 30, 1791Boarder in house of Isaac Hall. Hall, WilliamBostonApr. 3, 1762Single man. Gardener. In employ of Col. Royall. JulHall, WilliamBostonApr. 3, 1762Single man. Gardener. In employ of Col. Royall. July 23, 1766 Hall, WilliamJan. 30, 1791Laborer. Hall, ZacheriahHaverhill, abt.Mar. 13, 1754In family of his brHall, WilliamJan. 30, 1791Laborer. Hall, ZacheriahHaverhill, abt.Mar. 13, 1754In family of his brother, Samuel Hall. Hall, ZacheriahGranville, N. S.,June, 1770Oct. 8, 1770   (wife)   JosephChildren   WilHall, ZacheriahHaverhill, abt.Mar. 13, 1754In family of his brother, Samuel Hall. Hall, ZacheriahGranville, N. S.,June, 1770Oct. 8, 1770   (wife)   JosephChildren   William History told by names of streets. At an adjourned meeting of the Town of Medford, held May 4, 182Hall, ZacheriahGranville, N. S.,June, 1770Oct. 8, 1770   (wife)   JosephChildren   William History told by names of streets. At an adjourned meeting of the Town of Medford, held May 4, 1829, the following report was read:— The Selectmen being appointed a Committee at April
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 7., Some old Medford houses and estates. (search)
. Jonathan Wade on the east, to Mr. Caleb Hubbart, who subsequently sold to Mr. John Hall and his associates, three houses only were spoken of as standing on the lan lot was situated on Mistick river, and was bounded easterly on the land of Mr. John Hall, Whitmore's brook, so called, being the dividing line, and it extended souan addition to Oak Grove Cemetery, and was reached by a way through land of Mr. John Hall. Mr. John Hall's share in the division consisted of one hundred ninety-eighMr. John Hall's share in the division consisted of one hundred ninety-eight and one-half acres of land near the middle of the farm, the old dwelling house of Mr. Collins being contained upon it. It was then occupied by Mr. Thomas Shepard. The westerly part of the house was set off to Mr. Hall, and the easterly part to Mr. Stephen Willis. (Mr. Willis sold his part of the house in 1683 to Mr. Hall.) TMr. Hall.) This house stood on the north side of the road (High street), and the easterly line of Allston street passes through its location, one-quarter part of the location of
Apr. 21, 1760In family of Hezikiah Blanchard. Jenks, RichardLynn, Apr. 2, 1764Journeyman. In family of Samuel Tilton. Jenks, Samuel, Capt.Chelsea, Feb. 1, 1762Jan. 1, 1763   Mary (wife) Johnson, ElizabethWoburnNov. 27, 1756Maid servant. See Jacob Bucknam. Johnson, HannahWoburn, June 16, 1758Nov. 27, 1758Dau. of Giles Johnson. Age 10 yrs. In family of Benj. Parker. Johnson, MaryAug. 31, 1797Widow of Henry Johnson. Johnson, ThomasBoston, Oct. 27, 1762Boarder in house of Samuel Hall. Jones, JohnConcord, Mar. 26, 1765Feb. 24, 1766Single. Husbandman. In employ of Isaac Royall. Jones, JonasAug. 31, 1797 Jones, JosephActon, Jan. 20, 1772In family of Isaac Hall. The Petition of Belinda, servant of Isaac Royall, Esq. [Read before Sarah Bradlee Fulton Chapter, D. A. R., June 6, 1904.] Commonweath of Massachusetts.To the Honourable the Senate and House of Representatives, in General Court assembled. The Petition of Belinda an Affrican, humbly shews: That seve
probable that licenses were granted. In the year 1696 Mr. John Hall was licensed to keep a public house, and in the years 1censed to keep a public house. Again in the year 1700, Mr. John Hall was licensed to keep a public house. The year 1700 wascensees were known as innholders. In the year 1701 Mr. John Hall, senior, was licensed as an innholder. It is assumed that the John Hall licensed in the years 1696 and 1700 was Mr. Hall, senior. Mr. Hall died in October, 1701, and from the year 1Mr. Hall died in October, 1701, and from the year 1702 to 1706, both inclusive, Mr. John Hall (son of John Hall, senior), was granted an innholder's license. In the year 1703Mr. John Hall (son of John Hall, senior), was granted an innholder's license. In the year 1703 Mr. Richard Rookes was also licensed as an innholder. Mr. Rookes was at this time owner of part of the brick mansion house e it seems probable, is by no means conclusive, for Mr. John Hall, senior, lived on what is now the corner of High and Allsto his son, probably lived in his father's house, and Mr. John Hall, junior, lived on the Woburn road, on or near the spot wher
cute said afaier as soon as the Season of ye year will Permit and likewise to make Report to the Town of their Reasonable Charge in Mannaging the Same and the Town to Reamburft ye same; At Sd meting Mr Wm Willis chosen for the ends aforsaid & Capt John Hall chosen for the ends aforsaid Att Said meet put to Vote whether ye Selectmen should Draw an order on the Tresurer for Ten pounds to be payd to ye above Sd Committe for to enable them att present to manage the aforsfd afaires Voted of plan of Medford and the land voted to be petitioned for should be left to ye Discretion of the Committe By this it would appear that a map, or plan, of Medford and its distant farm had been contemplated. Had the committeemen's (Willis and Hall) judg meet for the Town's interest that such should have been made, it would have antedated the Ephraim Jones plan noted by Judge Wait (Register, Vol. I, p. 128), the earliest plan of Medford, by sixteen years. But the plan of the distant farm ha
ourth this curious subject, in the hope that it may lend others a little into a most interesting course of inquiry. We may put Shakespeare at the head of the list. His eldest daughter, Susanna was married at Stratford, June 6th 1607 to Mr. John Hall. There was only one child by this marriage. The youngest daughter married to Thomas Quincey. At Shakespeare's death, inisle, the family consisted of his wife has daughter. Susanna, and her husband Dr. Hall. Judith and Thomas Quincey, andDr. Hall. Judith and Thomas Quincey, and Elizabeth and laughter. Judith Quincey had several children who were all dead in 1639. The poet's grand daughter Elizabeth Hall, was married in 1628, to Thomas Nash who died in 1647 without issue; and secondly, in 1649 to John Bernard, of Abingdon, county of Northampton, by whom she bad no family, and died in 1670. Thus in fifty years Shakespeare descendants, both male and female, came to an end. Milton, the poet, left female descendants only, whose family are believed long since to hav
1 2