hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 75 results in 11 document sections:

1 2
ence. The old house was on the part included in Medford. In 1819 the whole farm, now called one hundred and eighty-three acres, was purchased by Isaac and James Wellington of Lexington for some $6,000. They married sisters and lived in the old house, where they brought up their families, of five and three children respectively, from a common purse. The old house remained in the Wellington family until recently, when it was purchased with the surrounding land by the brothers J. A. and F. A. Walker. The farm continued to be divided between two towns from 1817 until 1875, when the easterly part was set off from Everett and annexed to Medford. The River road, also called Mile lane and Ship street, was referred to in a deed dated 1657 as The Common Highway leading from the Mansion house (Blanchard's) into Charlestown common and Medford house. This road, now Riverside avenue, started from Medford house, located in Medford square, followed Salem street, thence over Gravelly bridge
1 2