Partial list of killed & wounded
We present our readers this morning with a partial list of our killed, wounded and missing in the battles of Saturday and Sunday last, on the Chickahominy, near this city.
We will endeavor to collect and publish, as soon as possible, full and comprehensive reports of all the casualties which have and may occur in the great struggle now being made for the preservation of our Capital and the success of our cause:
fights of Saturday and Sunday.
List of casualties in the rich Tenth Virginia regiment.
Headquarters 18th Virginia, June 2d, 1862.I send you the casualty list of our regiment, which you will please publish in your paper: Lieut-Col H A Carrington, wounded in shoulder.
- Company a — killed Corporal Samuel M Payne; Privates Wm F Gregory, Martin Templeton, Newton a Walker. Wounded: Serg't Wm F Wilson, in neck; Corporal R a Walters, slightly in leg; Privates Frederick Behman, in arm and side; Thos C Bowe, in hand Jos Brezz'la, in shoulder; John a Dalton, in face; Henry Dalton, in face; O T Glasgow, in arm; Jas Hubbard, in arm and leg; Chas W J Speer, in leg; Christopher C Keen, in arm; Michael C Kelp, in head; Calvin B Moore, in face; Chas Owen, in leg; Jas M Hall, in arm; Reuben J Powell, in thigh; Isaac Roly, in hip; Samuel F Swanson, in shoulder; Wm B Smith, mortally, in thigh; Wm E Watson, in shoulder; Nat Wilson, in side; John R Fountaine, in arm, amateur member missing; a J Lewis and John Campton, supposed to be killed or severely wounded.
- Company B--killed: Jno M Moore, Michael C Toorney, Jos Slayton, Samuel W Oakes. Wounded; W F Filppen, severely; Corpl Jno E Edwards, in shoulder; R M Payns, in hand; Lewis Gravely, in head; Warren Westbrook, in head; Thos J Baines, in leg; Wm H Mal comb; in leg; Henry P Moore, in foot; Jno H Redd, in hand; Marshall Campton, in side; J M Crenshaw, in hand.
- Company C--killed: Jos M Jenkins, a S Foster, L T Robertson. Wounded: James C Banghan mortally; Lieut M P Vaughan, severely; Privates J H Phaup, severely; C V Vaughan, severely; T P Robertson, Jacob L Osborne, Ransom Hudgins, Hiram O Folkes, Wm T Gibbs.
- Company D--wounded: Privates Sterling a Daniel, John H Singleton, John S Harris missing: Privates Geo W Adams, Charles H Gilliam, (supposed to be killed)
- Company E--wounded: Edward a Johnson, in head; W B Bagby, shot in the foot; J T Isbell, in hand; W R Frayser, in face; M B Cilft, severely injured by contusion of spine.
- Company F--wounded: Lieut W J Morrisett, slightly in left braise; O T east, dangerously; J E Chappell. Missing: B J Harvey, W M Davidson.
- Company H--wounded: Privates Addison Coleman, in head; Peter F Pankey in leg.
- Company I--Private L N Ford, wounded in arm.
- Company K--wounded: Samuel Morrison, in head; John J Franklin in hand.
List of killed and wounded in the Second Florida regiment.
Richmond, Va., June 2, 1862.Please publish the following list of casualties in the Second Florida regiment. This regiment is in Early's old brigade, now commanded by General Garland, and was gallantly led by him in the battle of Saturday. Our brigade being in the front, led the charge, and were badly cut up. The Second-Florida regiment went into battle with 436 men, rank and file and had 187 killed and wounded. Thomas M. Palmer, Surgeon Second Florida regiment.
Killed.Major G W Call.
- First Company.--Capt O S Flagg, Corp George Mickler, and Corpl Robert Syms.
- Second Company.--Capt J H Pooser, Privates W Taylor and R J Irwin.
- Third Company--Private M Papy.
- Fourth Company.--Lieut D T Reynolds, Privates H Boyt and A L Driggers.
- Fifth Company.--Capt N Butler, Privates J Parrish, G Stewart and N Lang.
- Sixth Company.--Privates John Wilson, D Richardson and S Smith.
- Seventh Company.--Private Jesse Pennington.
- Eight Company — Capt T A Perry, Corpl J M Drew, Privates B Lauter and J Plane.
- Ninth Company--Corpl L M. Gresham, Privates A C Roberts, J H. Peeples, J E Tacker, and J B Carson.
- Tenth Company--Privates N Wilson, J T Bryant, J L Long, and Thos L Blanton
- Eleventh Company.--Privates F Burns and C S Shippey.
Wounded.Lieut.-Col. Pyles, severely.
- First Company.--Lieut Brown, Lieut C L Wript, Serg J Roberts, Serg R Corbyn, Privates D P Hurlbut, B Masters, J Register, M Berant, H McClellan, Thomas Aybar, W Booth, S Brown, R Wilson, 8 Griffith, C W Johnson.
- Second Company.--Lieut Tillinghast, Serg W C Butler, Corp'l C S Rains, Corp'l R Cobb, Privates A C Butler, T L Darcy, W W Howard, H E Daffin, R A Jenkins, J L McNulty, J R B Owens, W G Peacock, T P Player, G E Pooser, W R Tuten, W E Bell, R Jordan, E S Barnes, W A Collier, S H Wood.
- Third Company--Lieut Carlisle, Lieut W B Watson, Privates E Burroughs, T C Boy J, A Caine, A Dupont, B Dupont, J Gallagher, Geo Hoiloman, J Ivers, W Jones, P Pelicier, A F Walker, F Bal zell, D L Dunham, J T Hull
- Fourth Company.--Capt McCartan, Serg M M Alexander, Corp'l H R Cross, Corp'l C M Brown, Privates Jos Alexander, D D Barleson, T W Albriton, E F Lyhea, W H Broad water, J J Anglin, L S Hendricks, E F Williams, J R Zetrower.
- Fifth Company.--Lieut J O'Neal, Serg W F Sollo, Privates E F Decotts, T Saunders, A Butler, G Cameron, J T Edwards, J Morrison, S P Bryant, E A Moore, Richard Cole, G Arnold.
- Sixth Company--Capt Musgrove, Lieut A J Stewart, Serg J L Dutton, Serg M Harrington, Corp'l R Wolf, Corp'l B Houck, Privates D Edwards, H Hore, J McKinley, T Coleman, J Moring, James Wilson, Henry Wilson, W Jordan.
- Seventh Company.--Capt Duncan, Lieut James Underwood, Corp'l W Williams, Corp'l W Belott, Privates John Kendrick. Thos Overstreet, Wm Mathis, Scott Hale, James Dorming, Hardy Dorming, Willis Cason.
- Eight Company — Lieut J R Kimbrew, Serg M P C Brooks Privates J M Wadsworth, T P Quiett, D Evers, E Greer, R O Bond. N Parker, J T Bish p, J J Horton, J C Hogan, J A Bird, J M Wilder.
- Ninth Company--Capt W R Moore, Serg A T Stockes, Privates R Allen, H J Carson G W Green, D Hoctor, L Kinsey, F Wolf.
- Tenth Company.--Capt L Williams, Lieut J J Thompson, Serg M F Cox, Serg L R Cummings, Serg T J Sanchez. Corp'l D H Bennett, Privates John A Canson. T McCain, D W Robinson, C L Dickins, J H Stunders, J Moore, J J Thomas, C D Rawis, J F Strach, J J Williams.
- Eleventh Company--Captain Ballentyne, Serg Riley, Corp'l Brewer, Privates Bryan, G Clifford, C P Clark, W H Dennison, G Flournoy, W Harrison, J Nall, D B Reed, J B Turner, Luke Waters.
List of casualties in the 23d North Carolina regiment, Col. D H Christin, (Gen. Garlan's brigades) in the engagement on Saturday.
- Col. D. H. Christie had his horse shot under him, and was painfully, though not seriously, wounded by the fall.
- Lieut. Col. R. D. Johnston, severely wounded in the head, and had his horse shot under him.
- Major E J Christian, severely wounded in the body and arm; supposed to be mortally; and had his horse shot under him.
- Capt. C. C. Blacknall, slightly wounded in four places, and had his horse shot under him. (Having a sprained ankle he had to go into the engagement on horseback)
- Capt. S. A. Shuford, killed.
- Capt. J. H. Millor, Severely wounded in the body.
- Capt. W. P. Hill, severely in the shoulder and leg.
- Capt. W. H. Johnston, severely in the leg and hand.
- Capt. A. D. Peace, slightly in the face.
- Lieut. T. J. Crocker, co G, slightly in the shoulder.
- Lieut. W. P. Gl'l, (acting Adjutant,) slightly in the shoulder and arm.
- Lieut. Nicholson, co. C, severely in the head.
- Lieut. Coggin, co C, severely in the foot.
- Lieut. Hill, co. H, severely in the arm.
- Lieut. A. M. Luria, co I, severely in the head, supposed mortally.
- Lieut. G. W. Hunter, co. K, severely in the arm.
- Lieut. W. Torrence, co, K, severely in the side.
List of killed, wounded and missing of the 28th Virginia regiment, (Col. R. C. Allen,) in the fight of Sunday, June 1.Major N C Wilson, slightly wounded in the face. Ser't-Maj J Harvey Phelps, arm shattered above and below elbow.
- Company a--Lieutenant Fink commanding: none.
- Company B--Lieut McCartey commanding: Corp'l Wm S Houston and Jacob V Reynolds, Privates Henry Eanes, Nath R Thomas, Philip Sarvor, a J Minnick, and G H C Suodgrass, killed. Privates G W Harizell, severely wounded in head; Wm H Jones, slightly in head; Jas S McClanahan, arm broke; a G Caldwell, slightly in shoulder; D E Paitsell, severely in band; Jno F Paitsell, mortally in abdomen; Wm L Luck, in had; S B Paxton, slightly in hand; F B Leffel, mortally in side, Reuben Brisance, slightly in hip; and Audy Tucker, slightly in forehead. Privates Alfred Myers and J W Carroll missing.
- Company C--Capt. Speasard commanding: Privates Wm J Givens and John M Givens, killed; Privates David Elmore, dangerously wounded in shoulder; Marquis D Hutchison, mortally in abdomen; Benj F Climbell, dangerously in eye and face; and W F Mathews, dangerously in hip.
- Company D--Lieut Stewart, commanding Privates a L Holdfian, wounded in hand; C Meddor, slightly in head.
- Company E--Captain Board commanding: Corporal C Boon, slightly wounded in arm; Private W P Sears, severely in wrist.
- Company F--Captain Nelson commanding: none.
- Company G--Capt Wright commanding: Lieut D T Hubbard, wounded in arm Privates Wm H Mitchell, and Andrew J Hall, killed; Robt Creasy, mortally in hip and ankle; Robt N Hart, mortally in abdomen Jas P Payne, mortally through body; Wm Barker, in hand; a J Rice, hand; Jas a Hogan, severely in shoulder; Admire Turner, severely in wrist; Jno W Bibro, severely in shoulder; John L Morris, severely in thigh; Robt D Mitched, slightly in foot; Tazewell Whorley, in back; Uriah Ayers, slightly in hand; Jno H Creasy, severely in knee; Lewis G Creasy, slightly in face; Andrew J Skinnell, severely in shoulder Jesse Stephens, slightly in shoulder; Thos P Williams, slightly in hand and shoulder; Jno D Williams, slightly in hip; Calvin P Dearing, slightly in shoulder: Josiah Williamson, severely in thigh; Jno Roberts, in hand; Milton H Ferguson, severely in shoulder; a L Scott, severely in breast; C S Nance, in arm; Lewis Bates, slightly in leg; Geo R Turner, slightly across the body; and W a Morgan, arm broken. J N Angel and T G Hubbard, missing.
- Company I--Lieut Gish commanding: Privates a M Brooks, wounded in hand, and Benjamin Gatherie, slightly in shoulder.
- Company K--Capt Robertson commanding: killed none; Lieut Young, severely wounded in thigh; Sergt John Breckinridge, dangerously through body; Sergt Gray bill, right arm broke. Privates a Q Ayres, dangerously in thigh; Effiah Brugh, arm and thigh, and John W. Smiley, severely through left shoulder.
List of casualties of the Nineteenth Virginia regiment or Sunday, June 1, 1862, near Richmond.
- Company A.--Capt John C Culin. wounded in leg; Sergt C H Wingfield, hand; Privates James Collier W P Kidd, and James R Jones, killed; A J Brown, wounded in arm; J J brown, do; John B Dodd Jr; face, slight; R L Dobbins, breast, slight John W Houchens, arm, badly; Marion Pearce, head and shoulder; Charles Lightbaker, shoulder; A C Wingfield, hand; M W Wingfield, wrist and arm.
- Company B.--Sergt Wm Mullen, shoulder, badly; Privates Lucien Cox, arm; A Duun, do; M D Johnson, do; G Y Shepherd, very slight; Palmer Hamner, missing.
- Company C.--Sergt Charles Evans, wounded in arm.
- Company D.--Corpl W. H. Ferguson, allie, Privates J C Anderson, body; Wm A Crank, do; B N Drambeller, do; W D Harris, mortally; S H Straughan, arm; James A Sutherland, leg; Ausin Woody, hip; H H Hughes, hip and arm; L Walker, foot and arm.
- Company E.--Corpl R P Ferguson, mouth, badly; Privates D H Byers, arm, do; G Eastin, arm, slight; J Y Flynt, hand and arm; J W Leake, bowels, seriously; R B Wood, thigh broken by ball.
- Company F.--Corpl Daniel Murphy, shoulder; Privates John Spruce, do; James Taylor, hand; George Madison, missing.
- Company G.--Wounded — Private H T Stratton, in thigh; Wm Harlow in thigh; H E Ponton, in hand; Wm B Graves, in hand; Wm L Jones, in face; R H Ponton, in hand; Wm P Spencer, in arm.
- Company H.--Killed--Private John Pendleton. Wounded — Private J A Barbour, in hand; R Christian, in both arms; badly; R W Cox, in foot; J W Davis, in shoulder, badly; J Y Jennings, in head, slight; J R Johnson, in leg, badly; Ed B McGinnis, in head, badly; Geo W Mays, Sr, in thigh, slight; James W Mays, arm broken; P P Stinnett, in arm, slight; R N Stinnett, mortally; Henry Ward, finger shot off; Corp'l E L Cox, in hip, arm, and thigh, badly.
- Company I.--Wounded — Capt D G Waller, mortally; Serg't Daniel Higginbotham, mortally; Private John T Evans, seriously; S B Logan; D T Dogan slightly; Benj Hartless, slightly; Jesse C Wright, slightly; E W Smith, very slightly; Chas martin, slightly.
- Company K--Wounded — Priv W H Woods, badly, in side; R A Hawzins, Sr, in hand, slight; S H Martin, on ankle, slight; A H C Wheeler, on face, slight.