Casualties in the late battle near Fredericksburg.The following is the list of killed, wounded, and missing in the fight near Chancellorsville in the 27th Virginia regiment, Paxton's brigade, Trimble's division, Jackson's corps:
Staff killed: none. Wounded: Col James K
- Company B, Capt. Welsh.--killed: Private John Purcell. Wounded: 1st Serg Jas Gallagher; Serg P C Hyleman, Privates Alex Smith, Henry Benson, Dike Rady, Wm Kess, John P Chittum, James Woods and L Spruse.
- Company C. Lieut Clarks com'g--killed: 1st Serg Wm Scanlin wounded: Corp'ls Wm Evans and John Baker, Privates John Archev J H Forbis, J Reynolds, C Griffith, Jr, George Yingler, and L a B Terry.
- Company D Copt. Wilson.--killed: 1st Lieut G W Hall, Privates M H Parker and Wm P Tolley wounded: Corp'l H H Boyd, Privates Wm L Lynch, G T Lynch, L C Hall, E S McCartney J W Varoter, J P Wellhelm, J H Willhelm, and S Chapman.
- Company E. Capt Frazer.--killed: Private G W Harper Hugh Irvine, and Wm Robertson. Wounded: 1st Serg Wm Frazer Sergt Thomas West, Privates Jas Whits, John Bibo, John Ackerly, Geo Goodbar, John P more, Geo Noel, and P Carroll.
- Company F. Lieut Moore.--killed: Robert Daniel, wounded: Lieut R M Moore, Greg Hauger Corp'l H W Haws, Privates J J Meys, a J Ballard, and Thomas Holt.
- Company G, Copt. McEldowney.--killed: none. Wounded: 1st Serg M W Sneakey, Corp'l J Benson, Privates Wm Allman, P F Huffman, Jas Graham, Jas Frazer, Jas Rees, Jas T Pexton, and Arch Smiley.
- Company H, Copt. Bonde.--wounded: Capt J C Bonde, color-serg J H Hutcheson, Privates Wm Craig, W. Erkiew, Jos Higgins, Dick Jordan, Wyes marks. S J N McCampbell, S W Norgrove, E McAleer. C strong, and J W Wallace. Missing: Private J J east.
|Strength of the regiment||85|
Adjutant 27th Va Infantry.
Report of the killed and wounded of the 1st Va. Artillery in the battles of the Wilderness and Chancellorsville, 2d and 3d May, 1863: Powhatan Artillery, Capt Wills J Dance Commanding.--Wounded: Private W B Boatright. Brooks's Battery, Lt Jno W Pugh commanding.--Wounded: Corp'l Geo A Barnett, mortally, since died; Corp'l Jon W Jones, side, not serious; privates James E Hobson, foot and shoulder, root amputated; Renell H Ross, flesh wound, side; John R Suddoth, flesh wound, thigh; John C Ames, flesh wound, left arm. Second Company Richmond Howitzers Capt David Watson, commanding. --Wounded: Privates L K Barnes, mouth, slightly; Wm Cutly, in calf of legs; M Wilson, injured by fall of his horse when killed; H Barnes, leg, slightly; H R Crane, arm case shot. Third Company Richmond Howitzers Lt Henry C Carrier, commanding. --Wounded: Serg't Jno K Wakeham, both thighs. since died; private Jos J Anderson, side, slightly. Salim Flying Artillery, Lt C B Griffin commanding.--Wounded: Serg't Hart Dulard arm bruised; privates Wm Hubbard, head; Jerry Hatcher, arm badly: Peter McGee, bruised on arm; H Gintz bager bruised on neck. Rockbridge Artillery, Capt Archibald Graham commanding.--Killed: Private G W Stuart.--Wounded: Wm Hick, shoulder, severely; Henry Font, leg amputated; James Paine, side, slightly; Alfred Gold, face, slightly; Jno L Moore, shoulder, slightly.
- Company A.--Killed, none Wounded: Capt A J Richardson, slightly: G W Taylor, thigh broken; Privates A E Jones, L R Grubbs. J M Jones, slightly.
- Company B.--Killed: Robert Noble, H Bell.--Several slightly wounded.
- Company C.--Killed: Lieut A C Smith, Serg't J Waithalt Wounded: Capt E F Lockett, leg amputated; Lieuts Gales and Dunnivant, slightly; Corp is Webster, Thos Claiborne, severely; Aurelius Lockett, shoulder; J W Rodgers, C B Walthall, R M French Serg't Grinstead J Stratton, slightly.
- Company D.--Killed: Horace Loving Wounded: J Johns, arm off;--Shepherd severely; Lt Groom, slightly; Wm Hetis, do, Paul V Hughson, dangerously.
- Company E.--Killed: Geo Green and G W Oaks. Wounded: Castain S C Williams slightly; Lieut Barksdale slightly; Serg't W A Hightowar, leg amputated; Sergeant Rodin W Vaughan, H B Warren J S Carier, W M Tinder, R B Turner, all slightly; N Fitz do; F Daniel, arm amputated.--Missing; W F Hudson and Gen Turner.
- Company F.--Killed: Lieut J H Dupuy Wounded: Lieut T Paxton, Capt W A Webber, J A Paxton. S Carter slightly.
- Company G.--Killed: Ensign Wady. Wounded: slightly.
- Company H (Richmond Sharpshooters.)--Wounded: Capt R Depriest, Wm H Eggleston, dangerously; Jacob Kill, Fritz Hetzler, W T Clerk slightly.
- Company I.--Killed: Lieut G A Bass Privates J H Du uy G E Fowlkes Wounded: Serg'ts Drury Lacy and S C Hines. J T Hines.
- Company K.--Killed, none. Wounded: Lieut M Robinson M Palmore, A H Williams, and Haley. Several others supposed to be wounded.
Chaplain 23d Va. regiment.
- Company B.--Capt J G Coffman; Corpera's G B Kemper and Adam Koonts Privates J A Fowles J H Yost, R B Ragan, J Bezansen, B Randall, G K Lewis.
- Company I.--Capt S A Sellers; Lieut J G H Miller; Serg' J F Menges; Corp'l D W Sacrist
- Company K.--Lieut D C Grayson; Serg't E V Coffman; Private W A Martin.
- Company D.--Privates, J R Coffman, J W Bricken, E M Smals, D Pollard.
- Company G.--Serg't G Shank; Private E Shacklets.
- Company F.--Private James Albert.
- Company H.--Serg't A S Keffer.