Casualties in the late battle near Fredericksburg.We present below a list of casualties in two regiments in the "Stonewall Brigade, " the 2d and 5th, in the late battles on the Rappahannock:
Second Virginia regiment:
- Co A — Lt Geo A S Davis commanding. Killed: Serg't D T Rawillins. Wounded: Privates L S Byrd, A J Darnell Jno W Jones, Samuel C Roland, F M Nichols J B Spotts.
- Co B — Lt H C Barchardt commanding. Wounded: Privates Jacob Magaha J M Holtzman, Jacob Vorhees, H C Miller, Wm H Conley.
- Co C--Capt Wm W Randolph commanding. Killed: Private C H Richard Wounded: Lieut A C Randolph; Serg't Jno M Jolliffe; private M L Chumm.
- Co D — Capt E L Hoffman commanding. Killed: Private Richard Mechum. Wounded: Serg't R M Doll; Corp's Jno L Fisher; privates A L Kearfoot, Jno W Keef L K Kornex, Wm Compton.
- Co E — Lieut J J Saines commanding Wounded: Lieut J T Hull; Color Serg't J N Bayne; Corporal Jas Flerry; privates B F Armentrout, Jas W Lugan Jno Pryor, B Weatherholt, Wm Tuckwilleff, Wm Peregoy, J N Merchant, Henry Ludwig.
- Co F--Captain James B Burgess, commanding Wounded: privates John Foley, Geo H Goodwin, Wm Hillard, Jno Addison.
- Co G — Lt W C Sheerer, commanding. Killed: Sgt B S White. Wounded: Cp'l J D Kerri; privates A H Asquith, Solomon Fry, J S Bendick, Col Geo F Eicherberger.
- Co H — Capt J J Jenkins commanding. Killed: Private John W Crisfield. Wounded: John A Link.
- Co I--Capt James H O Bannon commanding — Wounded: Lt A S Allen, Lt J E Nunn, Sgt S Bonham, mortally; privates Wm Cleveland, Jullen Morvallis, John W Grubbs, T K Glover, Jas Brown, M T Myers, Geo W Joy, Shoddy Connor.
- Co K — Capt C H Stewart commanding. Killed; Cpl Willis Skinner, privates Samuel Cooty, Samuel Phillips Wounded: Lt E J Bartow, A A A Gen'l to Gen. Paxton; Sgt E R Harrell, privates Amus Coffelit,--Stiller, mortally; Jas H Bull.
Fifty Virginia regiment
- Co A — Wounded: Sgt Oyder, Cpl J Daws, privates H Long C Poggo, J Falkner, F Parker.
- Co C — Killed: Lieut James A Bell, Sergt's L M Brown, Bailey J Jones, privates John H Su Ket, Richard Tisenbury. Wounded: Privates James J Ayres, David C Adams. N H Burket, T M Bell, Jacob W Fridley, Henry L Hamrick, James; W Huff, M R Hanger, Joshua Field, O M Lam cert, Andrew J Maley, Samuel H Propps, Martin L Shiplett William H Tutwiler. Missing: Corp'l Robert A Bryan.
- Co D — Wounded: Lieut S M Carson, Sergt's J B EcJutchan, T M Smiley, Corp'l C C Cockran privates J T Beard, S B Hile, Runkle, M M Smith, G Lotts, R Wiserman, James McMameny. H L Wilerman, J N Willtock, Joseph M Block.
- Co B — Wounded: Lieut G H Killian, Corp'l James Kennedy, privates John Portorfield., W B Tayley, M Murry, W Phillips, E Bezel, G E , Jacob Hoots.
- Co E — Killed: Private E J Biskely. Wounded: Corp'l W B Trotter, privates W G Abney, J H Bradley, E J Campbell, T J Campbell, J W Cash, J H Davis, W N Harris, Jno H Howard, J Owens, A C Rubush, P M D Hatfield.
- Co F — Killed: Private F Carroll. Wounded: Lt C H Calhoun, died since; Sgt W H Wayland, Corp'l G A Bailey, Privates J A Atkins, W D Belley, J W Hodges, E Johns, A Rondabush, J H Rodgers, J Spitler, J W Stover J Swink, A G L Vantear, Missing: Sgt W F Balley, Privates D M Balley, R Carroll.
- Co G — Killed: Lt W H Green Wounded: Lt L B Doyle, Sgts W L Thompson, W H H May. Privates W H Beach, C Donsho, J B Oibson. W S Hampton, J Landls, J McCanley, J McComb, J Weaver, J A Trainer.
- Co I — Killed: Color Sgt J W Stillzer. Wounded: Privates A Wilkerson, Jas Shumake, Jas Strumake, H Wise, T Adams, W Wiele.
- Co L — Killed: W Martin. Wounded: Lt J N Ryan, Corp'l A C Fry Privates C W Cooper, Jno Thompson W Earnes, J M Ralees, J Day.
- Co H — Wounded: Sgt G W Gordon, Corporal J Heiner, Privates — Katt, J Carpenter, W Lutham,--Limcrick,--Lucas,--Coffinan,--Fullor,--Shierly,--Lotts.
- Co K — Wounded; Privates — Swartz,--Huffe, J S swartzle, G Swartzle.