List of members of the next House of
Below we give a correct list of the members of the next Confederate House of Representatives, prepared and courteously furnished us by Mr. De Louis Dalton
of the House
Those members whose names are marked thus [!] were members of the last Congress:
- Alabama.--1st District, Thomas J. Foster;‖ 2, Wm R. Smith;‖ 3d, Williamson R. W. Cobb; 4th, Marcus H. Cruikshank; 5th, Francis S. Lyon;‖ 6th, Wm. P. Chilton; 7th, David Clopton;‖ 8th, James L. Pugh;‖ 9th, J. S. Dickinson.
- Arkansas.--1st District, Felix I. Batson;‖ 2d, Rufus K. Garland; 3d, Augustus H. Garland;‖ 4th, Thomas B. Hanly.‖
- Florida.--1st District, St. George Rogers; 2d, Robert B. Hilton.‖
- Georgia.--1st District, Julian Hurtridge;‖ 2d, Wm. E. Smith; 3d, Mark H. Blandford; 4th, Clifford Anderson; 5th, J. T. Shewmake; 6th; J. H. Echots; 7th, James M. Smith; 8th, George N. Lester; 9th, H. P. Bell, 10th, Warren Aiken.
- Kentucky.--1st District, Willis B. Machen;‖ 2d, George W. Triplett; 3d, Henry E. Read;‖ 4th Geo. W. Ewing;‖ 5th, James S. Chrisman;‖ 6th, Theodore.
Le Burnett;‖ 7th, H. W. Bruce;‖ 8th, Humphrey Marshall; 9th, Ely M. Bruce; 10th, James W. Moore;‖ 11th Benjamin F. Bradly; 12th, John M. Eliott.‖
- Louisiana.--1st District, Charles J. Villere;‖ 2d, Chas. M. Conrad;‖ 3d, Duncan F. Kenner;‖ 4th, Lucins J. Dupre;‖ 5th, B. L. Hodge; 6th, John Perkins,
- Mississippi.--1st District, John A. Orr; 2d, Wm. D. Holder,‖ 3d, Israel Welsh,‖ 4th, Henry C. Chambers;‖ 5th, Otho R. Singleton;‖ 6th, Ethelbert Barksdale;‖ 7th, J. T. Lampkin.
- Missouri.--(To be elected May 2, 1864.)
- North Carolina.--1st District, Wm. N. H. Smith;‖ 2d Robt. R. Bridgers;‖ 3d, J. T. Leach; 4th, Thos C. Faller; 5th, Josiah Turner; 6th, John A. Gilmer; 7th, James M. Leach; 8th, J. G. Ramsey; 9th, B. S. Gaithers, 10th, Geo. W. Logan.
- South Carolina.--1st District, James M. Witherspoon; 2d, Wm. Porcher Miles;‖ 3d, Lucius M. Ayer;‖ 4th, Wm. D. Simpson;‖ 5th, James Farrar;‖ 6th, Wm. W. Boyee.
- Tennessee.--1st District, Joseph B. Heiskell;‖ 2d, Wm. G. Swan‖; 3d, A. S. Colyer; 4th, John P. Murray; 5th, Henry S. Foote‖; 6th, E. A. Keeble; 7th, James McCollum; 8th, Thomas Menees;‖ 9th, John D. C. Atkins‖; 10th, John V. Wright‖; 11th, Daniel M. Currien‖; (deceased.)
- Texas.--1st District, John A. Wilcox‖, (deceased;) 2d, C. C. Herbert‖; 3d, A. M. Branch; 4th, F. B. Sexton‖; 5th, A. R. Bayler; 6th, S. H. Morgan.
- Virginia.--1st district, Robert L. Montague; 2d, R. H. Whitfield; 3d, Wms C. Wickham; 4th, T. S. Gholson; 5th, Thomas S. Bocock;‖ 6th, John Goode, Jr;‖ 7th, Wm. C. Rives; 8th; Daniel C. DeJarnett;‖ 9th, David Runsten;‖ 10th, F. W. M. Holliday; 11th, John R. Baldwin;‖ 12th, Waller R. Staples;‖ 13th, Fayette McMullen;‖ 4th, Samuel.
A. Miller;‖ 15th, Robert Johnson;‖ 16th, Charles W. Russell.‖