Your search returned 6 results in 3 document sections:

Harper's Encyclopedia of United States History (ed. Benson Lossing), Connecticut, (search)
g the Democratic State officers......Jan. 19, 1891 P. T. Barnum, born 1810, dies at Bridgeport......April 7, 1891 Superior Court decides in favor of Governor Bulkeley......June 24, 1891 Both claimants to governorship agree to take the matter into the State Supreme Court......Oct. 1, 1891 Ex-Gov. Hobart B. Bigelow dies at New Haven......Oct. 12, 1891 In the suit of Morris, Democrat, v. Bulkeley, Republican, the Supreme Court holds Bulkeley to be governor......Jan. 5, 1892 Daniel Grant, one of the famous triplets of Torrington, dies, aged seventy-one years, his two brothers surviving......Oct. 5, 1892 Celebration of the 250th anniversary of the founding of Stamford......Oct. 16, 1892 Governor Morris recommends constitutional revision......March, 1893 Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom's cabin, dies at Hartford......July 1, 1896 President Dwight, of Yale, resigns his office......Nov. 17, 1898 Arthur T. Hadley elected president of Yale University.
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register, Chapter 16: ecclesiastical History. (search)
been settled at Peekskill, N. Y., and Woburn, Mass. He resigned April 1, 1875. The present pastor is Rev. George W. Holman, who was born in Somerville, 1841, educated and ordained in the State of New York, and had been pastor at Radnor, Pa., Fort Edward, N. Y., Lewiston, Me., and Holliston, Mass. He was installed Nov. 7, 1875. Deacons. Elected. Held office until Age. Enos ReedOct. 17, 1827DiedJuly 8, 187175 John DonallanApril 1, 1829DiedMay 13, 186769 Henry S. HillsSept. 15, 1854 Daniel GrantOct. 4, 1870ResignedOct. 30, 1874 William B. SavageOct. 4, 1870 Alonzo StewartJuly 2, 1875 Ambrose H. SanbornJuly 2, 1875 First Evangelical Congregational.—The First Evangelical Congregational Church, formed in that part of the city of Cambridge usually called Cambridgeport, was gathered Sept. 20, 1827. It consisted originally of forty-five members, most of whom, being residents of this place, had been previously connected with the Hanover Street Church, Boston, then under the pas
ummer, Jonas, George, Roxa, Ebenezer Prentice (d. 20 Apr. 1870, a. 67) and Sarah Prentice, children of Jonas, were all bap. 20 Oct. 1805; had also Thomas Perkins, bap. 15 June, 1806; John Appleton Prentiss, bap. 27 May, 1810; Amanda, bap. 20 May, 1813; Elizabeth Melinda, bap. 29 Sept. 1816. Jonas the father and w. Lydia were adm. Pct. ch. 28 Aug. 1808; Anna Dummer was adm. do. 28 June, 1812, and m. Alfred Locke, 14 Apr. 1814; Roxa m. Alfred Brooks, of Lincoln, 30 Sept. 1821; Sarah P. m. Daniel Grant, 29 Aug. 1824; Elizabeth Melinda m. Thomas Ramsdell, 24 Nov. 1836. Jonas the father was Precinct assessor 1805-07. He was s. of Solomon, from Lexington (par. 1), who was wounded at Lexington Battle. 5. John, m. Mary Ash, 19 May, 1811. John's child, d. 13 Aug. 1813, a. 9 mos. 6. Abner, s. of Abner (2), had Harriet Ann, bap. 19 Mar. 1820, d. (buried here) 16 June, 1842, a. 22, unm.; Abner Gorham, bap. 1 July, 1821; Sarah Louisa, bap. 27 July, 1823. Abner m. Eliza Tufts, 2 Nov. 18