Read more on the Perseus version history.
New to Perseus? Click here for a short tutorial.
- March 15, 2018: First Version of the Scaife Digital Library Viewer goes live: building the future while remembering a friend
Announcing the first release of the Scaife Digital Library Viewer, a reading environment for source texts that follow the Canonical Text Services (CTS) data model... Read more.
- February 24, 2018: Using Clarin or Dariah to work with historical languages? Read more
- September 11, 2017 (update): Design Sprint for Perseus 5.0/Open Greek and Latin
Eldarion.com has received the lead contract to develop the new Scaife DL Viewer. In this we build upon work already underway... Read more
- August 18, 2017: Why we need user profiles and a new Perseus
"There is no greater topic for research in historical languages than enhancing the ways in which we human beings are able to learn those languages..." Read more
For more read the full Perseus blog
- October 2013
Corrections to Greek and Latin lexicons, Oppian, Smith's Geography, Pausanias, Cassius Dio.
CIDOC RDF download links added for Art and Architecture data.
- June 17, 2013
The navigation bar and text sidebars now include links to the Perseus Catalog.
- April 30, 2013
We have released fixes to typos and other errors in various texts.
- February 27,2013
We have released bug fixes to the following items: the display of Greek letters used to identify subsections in the Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary, broken links to dictionaries in the Word Study tool, and the use of collection limits in searches producing hits in document metadata.
- April 25, 2012
We have addressed some performance issues with the site and fixed a crash in the vocabulary tool. Although some performance problems may persist, we hope that the overall experience is improved. As always, feedback is welcome. Feel free to send detailed error reports to the webmaster.
Perseus contact and support information.
The Perseus Project has been supported by various funders throughout its history:
Perseus has been most recently funded by the Alpheios Project, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, private donations, and Tufts University.
Prior support for the project has been provided by the Annenberg/CPB Project, Apple Computer, the Berger Family Technology Transfer Endowment, Digital Libraries Initiative Phase 2, the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education part of the U.S. Department of Education, the Getty Grant program, the Modern Language Association, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Packard Humanities Institute, Xerox Corporation, Boston University, and Harvard University.
- Caesar, Gallic War (English, Latin)
- Catullus, Carmina (English, Latin)
- Cicero, In Catilinam I (English, Latin)
- Vergil, Aeneid (English, Latin)
- Herodotus, Histories (English, Greek)
- Homer, Odyssey (English, Greek)
- Plato, Republic (English, Greek)
- Tom Martin, Overview of Classical Greek History from Mycenae to Alexander (English)
- Stoa: Open Access Publication
- The Text Encoding Initiative
- Tufts Digital Library
- Center for Hellenic Studies
- Arachne (DAI object database)
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut
- Camena-Latin Texts of Early Modern Europe
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
- Inscriptions of Aphrodisias
- Imperial College London Internet Centre
- Index Thomisticus
- Perseus under PhiloLogic