Read more on the Perseus version history.
New to Perseus? Click here for a short tutorial.
- January 9, 2017: Update on the new MA in Digital Tools for Premodern Studies at Tufts
In September 2016, we announced the creation of a new MA at Tufts University which will begin in Fall 2017. Read more ...
- December 22, 2016: A New Version of Perseus and Academic Partnerships
An earlier blog entry pointed to a draft description of work on a new Perseus that we expect will appear, in some fashion, as a formal Request for Proposals from Leipzig in early January 2017. One reason to circulate this description is to get feedback. A second is to be able to explore different approaches before any formal RFP emerges. Read more ...
- December 21, 2016: Draft for a Request for Proposals for a new Perseus Digital Library
We expect that Leipzig University will release a formal RFP early in January. Until and unless Leipzig University does so, there are no promises or guarantees of any kind. Our goal is to give the community a chance to comment and potential contractors an opportunity to begin thinking about what they might do. Read more ...
For more read the full Perseus blog
- October 2013
Corrections to Greek and Latin lexicons, Oppian, Smith's Geography, Pausanias, Cassius Dio.
CIDOC RDF download links added for Art and Architecture data.
- June 17, 2013
The navigation bar and text sidebars now include links to the Perseus Catalog.
- April 30, 2013
We have released fixes to typos and other errors in various texts.
- February 27,2013
We have released bug fixes to the following items: the display of Greek letters used to identify subsections in the Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary, broken links to dictionaries in the Word Study tool, and the use of collection limits in searches producing hits in document metadata.
- April 25, 2012
We have addressed some performance issues with the site and fixed a crash in the vocabulary tool. Although some performance problems may persist, we hope that the overall experience is improved. As always, feedback is welcome. Feel free to send detailed error reports to the webmaster.
Perseus contact and support information.
The Perseus Project has been supported by various funders throughout its history:
Perseus has been most recently funded by the Alpheios Project, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, private donations, and Tufts University.
Prior support for the project has been provided by the Annenberg/CPB Project, Apple Computer, the Berger Family Technology Transfer Endowment, Digital Libraries Initiative Phase 2, the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education part of the U.S. Department of Education, the Getty Grant program, the Modern Language Association, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Packard Humanities Institute, Xerox Corporation, Boston University, and Harvard University.
- Caesar, Gallic War (English, Latin)
- Catullus, Carmina (English, Latin)
- Cicero, In Catilinam I (English, Latin)
- Vergil, Aeneid (English, Latin)
- Herodotus, Histories (English, Greek)
- Homer, Odyssey (English, Greek)
- Plato, Republic (English, Greek)
- Tom Martin, Overview of Classical Greek History from Mycenae to Alexander (English)
- Stoa: Open Access Publication
- The Text Encoding Initiative
- Tufts Digital Library
- Center for Hellenic Studies
- Arachne (DAI object database)
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut
- Camena-Latin Texts of Early Modern Europe
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
- Inscriptions of Aphrodisias
- Imperial College London Internet Centre
- Index Thomisticus
- Perseus under PhiloLogic