hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 17. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

street and Glenwood were not on the map in 1845-6-7. One old house was at the foot of a lane near the present crossing. The land farther down was swamp and salt marsh. The road was single tracked; engine, built at Lowell, weighed about eleven tons and was without a cab; cars to correspond; small, stuffy depots, and earned a good dividend for the stockholders. Today, with a double track, first-class equipment in all respects, it does not earn its expenses. Engineers. Joseph Seavy. Robert Gregg. James B. Rice. George Folsom. John F. Sanborn. Conductors. John F. Sanborn. Ralph Smith. William Crook. Edward Weymouth. Albert Hamilton. John F. Sanborn was conductor a short time and then station agent at South Reading, and later in a provision store, ship-yard, and policeman in Medford; later was engineer on the Medford Branch until the railroad strike in 1877, then to New York Elevated, where he died about 1880. Mr. Sanborn will be remembered as the engineer who,