Your search returned 18 results in 4 document sections:

lfrey, appointed, 1861 William L. Burt, appointed, 1867 Edward S. Tobey, appointed, 1876 Post office Law passed for North America, 1710 Located in Cornhill (Washington street), 1714 Removed from Cambridge back to Boston, Apr. 25, 1776 Located corner Congress and Water streets, Jan. 1, 1816 Kept in old Town-7, 1856 Middlesex opened for travel, Mar. 5, 1857 One opened to Brokline, Oct. 26, 1859 Suffolk to East Boston, opened Aug. 20, 1860 Cars run through Cornhill, Feb. 11, 1867 Double track from Tremont House, south, Dec. 2, 1867 Run through Berkeley and Boylston streets, Mar. 4, 1868 Run through Clarendon to Beamoderator at one, Mar. 12, 1778 Three Cape Cod men caught voting, May 28, 1795 Vote yes, by going out; no by staying in, Apr. 9, 1804 Pump. One stood in Cornhill, near Queen st., 1662 Built in Dock square, by the poor, 1780 One at east end of Old Town House, 1815 One in North square, 1816 One in Spring lane, 1
nement of Capt Clark's, nigh ye lower end of School street to Winslows Corner in Joylieffs Lane, Spring lane. The street leading from Coxs ye butchers shop in Cornhill, passing by Major Walleys, as far as Mrs Olivers Corner, Water street. The Alley leading from ye end of Water street through Mrs Olivers land, by Odells onto ading from corn hill including ye wayes on each side of ye Town House extending easterly to ye sea, King street. The street leading from Mr Deerings Corner in Cornhill to Houchens Corner at ye uper end of Hanover street, Queen street. The way leading from ye Mansion House of ye Late Simon Lynde, Esqr by Capt Southlacks extenpring lane, 1708 Leverett to Wiltshire; to Poplar, 1806; to Allen, 1825, Spring street, 1733 Cambridge street to Green lane, Staniford street, 1732 From Cornhill, both sides Town House, to Long Wharf; King street, 1708, State street, 1784 Near St. Paul's Church, Common, Tremont street, (St. Paul's row,) 1826 From B
ezer Turell, A. M., Pastor of the Church in Medford.—1 Tim. III. 2. A Bishop must be blameless. 1 Cor. x. 32. Give no offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the Church of God.—Boston: Printed by J. Draper, for J. Edwards in Cornhill. Mdccxl. Text, 2 Cor. VI. 3. Pp. 29. 1740 Among some remarks found in Rev. Samuel Cooke's diary is the following: 1740, Jan. 27. Preached twice—Heb. 11:6=vespere—conversed with Mr. Ammi R. Cutter. This was the noted Ammi R. Cutter,you, O Princes of Israel, remove violence and spoil, and execute judgment and justice; take away your exactions from my people, saith the Lord God. Ezek. XLV. 9.—Boston: Printed by Draper and Phillips, for Thomas Leverett and Nicholas Bowes, in Cornhill. M. Dcc.LXXVII. Text, Exodus XVII. 14, 15, 16. Pp. 81. The occasion of this anniversary * * * * is for a memorial of the tragical commencement of the present unjust and unnatural war: and particularly the innocent blood cruelly shed at t
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 13., The Royall house people of a century ago. (search)
something of them, perhaps more than of any who dwelt there in the half century succeeding Colonel Royall's departure. That interest led him to many inquiries, the preservation of letters of answer, and his own written conclusions. A touch of romance runs through it all, and the perusal of the papers referred to gives an interesting peep into the past, as well as into the ancient mansion, an object of interest in our city. Mr. Welch was a dry goods merchant of Boston, having a store on Cornhill near the Brattle street church, and a residence on Franklin street, in the famous Tontine buildings. In his earlier youth he is said to have been an auctioneer, and boarded in what the writer styled a private boarding house in Park street. Among those living there was an invalid lady, to whom a Mrs. Jarvis of Watertown frequently sent parcels and delicacies by her daughter. The young men there domiciled were not slow in noting her visits or observing her attractive personality, and