hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 9 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 9 results in 1 document section:

iverside Bindery was first given to this establishment by Mr. James Brown, the father of Mr. John Murray Brown, who is the only surviving member of the original firm of Messrs. Little, Brown & Co., tBrown & Co., the well-known law-book publishers of No. 254 Washington Street, Boston. This business had its conception in the year 1852, in a small wooden structure situated on Remington Street, Cambridge, then of Fields, Osgood & Co., Boston). These were in turn succeeded by A. F. Lemon and Messrs. Little, Brown & Co., as equal partners. Mr. Lemon's interests were eventually purchased by its present proprietors, Messrs. Little, Brown & Co. The Riverside Bindery was finally removed across the street to its present location. It is noted far and near for the excellency of its fine leather bindings. writer of this article is indebted to Mr. John Bartlett, formerly a copartner of Messrs. Little, Brown & Co., and the author of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, and also to Mr. A. F. Lemon and Mr. C.