probably a street or district in Reg. VI (Reg.) and in
the fourth ecclesiastical region (Greg. Magn. ep. iii. 17: domum...
regione quarta, iuxta locum qui appellatur Gallinas albas
), on the western
part of the Viminal, in the neighbourhood of S. Lorenzo in Panisperna.
The name was preserved by the church of S. Sixtus in Gallina Alba
(Jord. ii. 122
, 319; ASRSP 1886, 436
; RhM I894, 417; HIJ xxiii, 374;
HCh 471. For the name as applied to a part of the villa of Livia, on
the via Flaminia, see JRS 1921, 145
; BC 1923, 26