MA´ATHA (Μάραθα), a village of Arcadia, in the district Cynuria, between Buphagium and Gortys, perhaps represented by the ruin called the Castle of Leódhoro. (Paus. 8.28.1; Leake, Morea, vol. ii. p. 66, Peloponnesiaca, p. 232.)
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.