Site in Pisidia. 54
km S-SW of Burdur. The form of the name implies an
early date for the foundation, but the city does not appear
in history before the settlement of a military colony by
Augustus ca. 6 B.C. (Colonia Julia Augusta Olbasenorum). The coins are colonial of the 2d and 3d c.
The site is on a hill precipitous on the N, dominating
the valley of the Lysis, with a stream on either flank.
The summit of the hill carries a circuit wall which has
been thought to be Hellenistic, and on the S slope are
numerous foundations and statue bases, though nothing
is standing. Many ancient stones may be seen in Belenli
L'Abbé Duchesne & M. Collignon, BCH
1 (1877) 370; B. Levick, Roman Colonies in Southern
G. E. BEAN