* the right bank of the Tiber, northwards from the pons
Aurelius. Although this name is found only in inscriptions of the empire
(CIL vi. 31547
, 31548b, 31555 ; BC 1887, 15
; Mitt. 1889, 286-287
), it was
probably in use from very early times (cf. litus Etruscum
, Hor. Carm.
. 14; Lydia ripa
, Stat. Silv. iv. 4
. 4), and may then have included
much of the right bank between Rome and the sea (HJ 651).