castra ca. 25 km N of the Danube. The larger, which has
been systematically investigated, was rectangular (130 x
126 m) and was constructed of burnt earth. Its main
axis was oriented N-S, parallel with the limes transalutanus (late 2d-mid 3d c.), to which it belonged.
G. Cantacuzino, “Le grand camp situé
près de la commune de Băneasa,” Dacia
9-10 (1945) 441-72.