ELISON (Ἐλίσων), a tributary of the Lupia (Lippe), commonly identified with the Alme. At its confluence with the Lupia, the Romans built the fort Aliso. (D. C. 54.33.) [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.