No. 14, at Moulton's Point, established in 1837, is in a new house erected by the board on a lot belonging to the town.
The teachers there have been Mrs. M. H. Dupee
and Miss Lydia W. Locke
In October, 1838, a union exhibition of the first classes of the three upper schools was held in the Town Hall
It was a great pleasure to a large audience.
Of the three high schools, the Bunker Hill
(Neck) is for both sexes.
William D. Swan
, the principal, goes to Boston
, and will be succeeded by Benjamin F. Tweed
The assistant is Miss Charlotte Cutter
The Harvard school, on Town Hill
, is for girls.
The teachers here are Paul Sweetser
and Charles Kimball
(His term of service began before May, 1837.) Assistants: Miss M. E. Jones
, Miss C. A. Johnson
, Miss Fernald
The Winthrop school at the Training Field
is for boys, the teachers being Mr. Bates
and Samuel Swan
, and for assistants, Miss Symmes
and Miss Hay
Expenses appended to the trustees' report of May, 1839:—
The bills for repairs in Russell district went beyond the appropriation.
The auditors of all bills that came before the trustees were Richard Frothingham, Jr.
, and Charles Forster