Doc. 105.--New military Departments.
war Department, Adjutant-General's office, Washington, April 27, 1861.1. The Military Department of Washington will include the District of Columbia, according to its original boundary, Fort Washington and the country adjacent, and the State of Maryland as far as Bladensburgh, inclusive. Colonel J. K. F. Mansfield, Inspector-General, is assigned to the command; Headquarters at Washington City. 2. A new Military Department, to be called the Department of Annapolis, Headquarters at that city, will include the country for twenty miles on each side of the railroad from Annapolis to the City of Washington, as far as Bladensburgh, Maryland. Brigadier-General B. F. Butler, Massachusetts Volunteers, is assigned to the command. 3. A third department, called the Department of Pennsylvania, will include that State, the State of Delaware, and all of Maryland not embraced in the forgoing departments. Major-General Patterson to command; Headquarters at Philadelphia, or any other point he may temporarily occupy. 4. Brevet-Colonel C. F. Smith having been relieved by Colonel Mansfield, will repair to Fort Columbus, N. Y., and assume the duties of Superintendent of the Recruiting Service, to which he was assigned in Special Orders No. 80, of March 15. Major Heintzelman, on being relieved at Fort Columbus, will repair to this city, and report for duty to the Department Commander. 5. Fort Adams, Rhode Island, is hereby placed temporarily under the control of the Secretary of the Navy, for the purpose of the Naval Academy now at Annapolis, Md.  The necessary transfer of property will be made by the departments interested. By order.
L. Thomas, Adjutant-General.
--National Intelligencer, May 1.