1831The town opposed the placing of certain horse-sheds on the Common, by the burying-place.—See page 117 previous.
1832The Pound was located on the town land near the school-house in the Southeast District. The teachers of schools in town, in 1831 and 1832, were Samuel L. Gould, Samuel Adams, Miles T. Gardner, James Nason, John W. Huntington, Priscilla Hagar, Rebecca Whittemore, Eliza A. Carlisle, Mary A. Locke, and Lucy A. Teel.
1833The town allowed $500 for procuring fire-engines; $250 to the South District, and $250 to the Middle and Lower Districts. The old engine was considered as belonging to the Middle and Lower Districts.
1834Side-walks first mentioned on the town records.
1835Legacy of $100 left by Dr. Ebenezer Learned, of Hopkinton, N. H., accepted. This was for the purpose of establishing a Juvenile Library for the free use of the children of the public schools of the town.1