Wellington conveyed to John Bridge 8 Sept. 1796, and re-purchased of Bridge on 28 Oct. 1803.] See Wyman, Charlestown Genealogies and Estates, 277. Davidson, Sarah, m. Stephen Locke, 6 Feb. 1809. Davis, John, of Charlestown, m. Sally Munroe of Camb. 16 Feb. 1800. He o. c. here 25 Oct. 1801, and his w. Sally o. c. and was bap. 17 Nov. 1805. Had John, bap. 25 Oct. 1801; Mary Huntington, bap. 1 Aug. 1802; Horatio, bap. 19 May, 1805, d. 9 Aug. 1805, a. 3 mos.; Horatio, bap. 28 Sept. 1806; Leander Austin, bap. 24 June, 1810. See Wyman's Charlestown, 282. 2. Thomas, of Boston, m. Clarissa Whittemore of W. Camb. 2 Oct. 1808. He d. here 14 Mar. 1809, a. 26. Clarissa was adm. to the ch. 13 Feb. 1814, and d. 11 May, 1814, a. 24. Thomas taught the town school here, in 1806, and afterward engaged in the dry goods business in Boston. No issue. Sarah, adult, o. c. and was bap. 5 May, 1805. Elizabeth, d. 25 Mar. 1809, a. 74. 3. Jonathan and Hephzibah Winship, residents—perhaps because of the military occupation and environment of Boston, 1775-76—m. 29 Feb. 1776. Lucy, of Shirley, and Nehemiah Estabrook, m. 18 Dec. 1785. Jenny, and Francis Locke, m. 23 Nov. 1786.1 Patty, and Francis Locke, Jr., m. 19 Feb. 1804. Mary S. and George A. Locke, m. 4 Apr. 1839. day, Stephen P., m. Sarah Frost, 9 July, 1809. Both o. c. 17 Sept. 1815. Had child d. 16 Mar. 1811, a. 6 mos.; Sarah, bap. with bro. Stephen, 17 Sept. 1815; Mary, bap. 31 Oct. 1819. Deane, Joseph, of Medford, and Sally Locke of Camb. m. 1 Jan. 1807. Decker, comrade or Conrad (?), d. 29 Dec. 1842, a. 2 mos. ‘Do not know whether this child was male or female.’—D. Damon. de Neufville, John, merchant, formerly of Amsterdam— ‘eminent merchant’ (g. s.)—d. here 5 Dec. 1796, a. 68. Anna Mar-Garett, of Camb., m. John Stoughton, of Boston, 11 Nov. 1799; he was Spanish Consul, Boston—see Stoughton. Anna Cecilia Linzee, w. of Ralph I. Linzee, and dau. of John de Neufville, Esq., d. 27 Jan. 1811, a. 25 (gravestone).
[Mr. J. B. Russell remembered seeing, ‘when a boy, a gravestone in the lot around Rev. Mr. Cooke's tomb, in the centre of the old Burying Ground, to Hyde De Neufvile,’ a stone which has since been removed. The family boarded with Miss Cooke, who then kept a genteel boarding-house in her father's former parsonage, near where now stands the present Orthodox Church (1879). Mr. Russell has published a letter from the widow of De Neufville, which he thus introduces:—