Horace Wilson (tenant of Frost), $200; George Prentiss & Son, $1,310; M. W. Marsh, $160; James Hill, $250; J. V. Fletcher, $100; James Wyman, $45; Widow Amos Frost, $330; Oliver Russell, $450; Thaddeus Frost, $440; William Hill, 2d, $750; Francis S. and Newell Frost, $440; Henry Frost, $1,150; Jonathan Frost, $600; Warren S. and Varnum Frost, $200; estate of David Hill, $500; Silas Frost, $475; Edward Fillebrown, $93; Timothy Swan, $940; David W. Horton, $400; Charles Hill, $510; Mrs. Phebe Swan, $1,072; John Batchelder, $50; William T. Dupee, $10; J. C. Waldo, $20; W. J. Lane, $115; Mrs. Snelling, $220; Dr. Fiske, $36; Capt. Reuben Hopkins, $442; Dr. Timothy Wellington, $447; Charles Griffiths, $100; Mr. Peck, $610; Timothy Whittemore, $212.50; George B. Richardson, $360; George H. Gray, $50; John Fowle, $1,100; Horatio Locke, $105; Michael McCarthy, $25; Rufus Damon, $460; Mrs. P. Whittemore, $460; Mrs. Rebecca Whittemore, $25; William Clark, $200; Thomas Thorp, $515; Thomas E. Thorp, $200; Daniel Burbeck, $100; Mrs. Damon, $210; Thomas H. Teel, $50; Fessenden & Whittemore, $1,000; Centre School House, $124; trees in Spring Valley, $50; estate of Henry Swan, $40; Gershom Whittemore, $390; Henry Whittemore, $615; William H. Whittemore, $750; John Fillebrown, $800; Samuel C. Bucknam, $475; Abel R. Proctor, $260; sundry persons, $500; William Hill, 3d, $90; Cornelius Akerman, $10; John P. Daniels, $35; Luke Agur, $100; Andrews Howe, $25; Thomas R. Cushing, $175; Mr. Converse, $40; James Wyman (tenant of Converse), $125; Loton Gasset, $200. Total amount, $23,606. The amount of money distributed, subscribed by citizens of the town, for the sufferers in West Cambridge, was $1,219.60. One person gave $150; seven persons gave $50 each; others $30, and lesser amounts.
This text is part of:
Table of Contents:
1 Busts and other ornaments to decorate the town hall, were presented to the town, in 1863, by Nathan Robbins, J. S. Potter, D. W. Horton, Joshua Dodge, Robert Schouler, Jesse Bucknam, George C. Russell and John Schouler. The well near the town house was bricked up and a pump placed therein in 1853. The lockup in basement of town-house was built in 1859. A pair of ox-horns were given by Stephen P. Blake to the town, and placed over the principal door to the town hall in 1860.In 1853 the town voted thanks to Luke Agur for the efficient manner in which he had performed the duties of constable in years past, and John B. Hartwell was chosen to that office.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
An XML version of this text is available for download, with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.