better for an alms-house than a cemetery; and accordingly, March 10, 1851, they voted to change the appropriation. April 8, 1852: A committee was appointed to sell the old alms-house, and devise a plan for a new one. This committee consisted of the following gentlemen: Samuel Joyce, Elisha Stetson, Caleb Mills, John A. Page, and Franklin Patch. The committee performed their duty acceptably, and were directed to build according to the model; and the consequence was the spacious and comfortable house now occupied by the public poor of the town. June 28, 1852: The town appropriated $5,500 for the building of the house. It cost $6,450.
|No. 1||1848||James Pierce||Union Street||$575.00|
|No. 2||1851||James Pierce||High Street||2,375.13|
|No. 3||1849||James Pierce||Park Street||663.00|