formerly of West Cambridge, as their pastor. Rev. Mr. Grafton continued but a few months in this relation, leaving the people again destitute of an under-shepherd. Some months now elapsed; when Mr. G. F. Danforth, a graduate of New Hampden, N. H., was called, publicly ordained, and installed as pastor. Rev. Mr. Danforth resigned his pastoral relation after the brief period of little more than a year. A destitution of some months followed, when the people again succeeded in calling a minister to supply the sacred desk; and the Rev. E. K. Fuller, of Somerset, Mass., was invited to fill the sacred office. Rev. Mr. Fuller commenced his labors on the 1st of April, 1849, and continued his work, with much success, until April 1, 1854,--a period of five years. Notwithstanding the too frequent changes in the pastoral relation, it has been the good fortune of this church and society to enjoy its full share of increase and prosperity. Since its organization, two new societies of the Protestant faith have been formed in Medford, and two new churches have been built. Ours is the only Baptist church in the town; but the increase of population, and the spread of our faith, have combined to make our present place of worship much too limited to accommodate the regular worshippers; and we contemplate, as early as practicable, the removal of our meeting-house, and the erection of another, of more modern architecture, and much larger dimensions. We also take pleasure in acknowledging the generous gift of a piece of ground, by Dudley Hall, Esq., for the purpose of enlarging our meeting-house lot. The church and society have recently been so fortunate as to secure the pastoral services of Rev. Thomas E. Keely, the former successful pastor, for a number of years, of the Baptist church in Kingston, Mass. That his labors may be owned and blessed of the great Head of the church, and that the little one may continue, increase, and multiply, bringing glory to God and salvation to souls, is the prayer of the flock.
Mystic church.This third Congregational Society in Medford had its origin in the second society. From its printed documents, the following history is extracted:--
In consequence of some difference of opinion in the church, a