The present house of worship was dedicated Feb. 14, 1849. Rev. A. B. Warner
died May 26, 1853. Rev. Jacob M. Manning
was ordained pastor Jan. 5, 1854.
The liturgy of the Protestant Episcopal church was first used in public worship, in Medford
, on Christmas Eve, A. D. 1847.
About the same time, a hall was procured, and the services of a clergyman were engaged for a limited time, in the hope that it might be found expedient to form a parish.
It soon became manifest that a sufficient number of persons were interested in the enterprise to justify this step, and a meeting was accordingly called ; and, on the 15th day of February, A. D. 1848, a parish was legally organized, under the name of Grace Church.
In March following, the Rev. David Greene Haskins
was chosen rector.
In September, 1849, measures were taken for building a church.
A convenient location was chosen, and a small but neat and beautiful edifice was erected, and, on the 11th of May, 1850, consecrated to the worship of God.
retained the charge of the parish until February, 1852; when he resigned, and was succeeded by the Rev. Justin Field
, the present rector.