[*] 314. Nēmō, no one, is used of persons only—
- As a substantive:—
- As an adjective pronoun instead of nūllus :—
- “ nūllum mittitur tēlum ” (B. C. 2.13) , not a missile is thrown.
- “ nūllō hoste prohibente ” (B. G. 3.6) , without opposition from the enemy.
- “ nūllīus īnsector calamitātem ” (Phil. 2.98) , I persecute the misfortune of no one.
- nūllō adiuvante (id. 10.4), with the help of no one (no one helping).
- “ nūllī erant praedōnēs ” (Flacc. 28) , there were no pirates.
- “ nūllī eximentur ” (Pison. 94) , none shall be taken away.